The AIFV is a tracked light armored vehicle that serves as an infantry fighting vehicle in several countries. It’s an improved M113A1 armored personnel carrier with 85% identical spare parts.
The hull of the vehicle is made of welded aluminum, with spaced steel laminate armor bolted onto the side and front. The voids of the armor are filled with polyurethane foam, which gives the vehicle extra buoyancy when travelling in the water. The vehicle is propelled in the water by its’ tracks.
The engine which is a 6V53 turbocharged engine produces 265hp and sits on the front right of the hull. The transmission is fitted with heavy duty components from the M548 tracked cargo carrier. Immediately to the left of the engine is the driver, above whom is a hatch that opens to the right. The commander sits immediately behind the driver, and has a cupola that can be completely traversed. The troop compartment is at the rear of the hull.
An Enclosed Weapon Station is fitted on the right side of the hull behind the engine. The turret, which has electro-hydraulic traverse, can elevate from -10 to +50° and can traverse and elevate at a speed of 60°/sec. The turret mounts an Oerlikon 25 mm KBA-B02 cannon with a dual ammunition feed. On the left of this gun a 7.62 mm FN MAG machine gun can be mounted.
- Armored Infantry Fighting Vehicle
Place of origin:
- United States
- Weight: combat loaded 13.6 tons / empty 11.4 ton
- Length: 5.26 m
- Width: 2.82 m
- Height: hull top front 1.85 m / rear 2.00 m
- Turret roof: 2.79 m
- Ground clearance: 0.432 m
- Aluminium hull (40 mm) with spaced laminate
- Steel armor on front and sides
Main armament: 25 mm KBA-B02 cannon with
- Munition: 180 rounds ready; 144 in reserve
- Rate of fire: 50 rounds/min
- Muzzle velocities: 1.100 – 1.360 m/sec (depending ammo type)
- Firing height: 33 m
- Recoil force: 500 kg
Secondary armament: 7.62x51mm NATO Machine gun (not installed)
- Munition: 230 rounds ready; 1610 in reserve.
- 6 smoke grenade launchers mounted on the turret
- Engine: GM Detroit Diesel 6V53 Turbo engine model 5063-5396 V-type watercooled engine producing 265 hp at 2800 rpm
- Transmission: Allison TX100-1A transmission
- Power/Weight Ratio: 19.29 hp/ton
- Max speed: road 61.2 km/h / water 6.3 km/h
- Acceleration: 0 to 32 km/h in 10 sec
- High strength torsion bars
- 416 litres – range : 490 km
- Mechanically controlled differential and pivot steering